Morning smoothies, including this raw papaya smoothie, are such a great way to pack your nutritional morning punch, to start your day off right. It’s also a great way to get more fruits and greens into your diet. This morning I made a smoothie with fruit from the land here on the big Island of Hawaii. I try to make use of what’s growing around me, what’s in season and of course use only organic foods. This raw papaya smoothie is packed with vitamin C, a super healthy immune boosting vitamin from the papaya, oranges, and camu camu powder. This smoothie just gave me such a great boost, I had to share it!
All you need is a blender for this delicious raw food papaya smoothie.
Raw Papaya Smoothie Recipe:
- 1 papaya
- 2 banana
- 2 oranges (either whole or hand juiced)
- 1 tsp of Camu Camu powder (totally optional)
- 1 tsp of Maca powder (also optional)
- 1/2 cup of water
That’s all you need for this one!
Health Benefits of Papayas
Papaya is really quite an amazing fruit, and definitely one of my favorites. I wrote more about the health benefits of papaya here. Papayas are:
- It is rich in antioxidants, flavanoids and carotenes
- Papaya is an excellent source of folate and dietary fibre;
- Papaya contains the digestive enzyme, papain, that literally digests itself without a whole lot of extra work required from our bodies.
- High immune boosting vitamins C and vitamin A, and also high in vitamin E
- Is low in calories and sodium
- High in minerals including potassium and magnesium
Enjoy this high powered raw food smoothie!
Aloha from the Big Island of Hawaii and have a wonderful day 😉