Want a great way to start your day with a powerful anti-inflammatory immune booster? This Super Anti-inflammatory Tropical Raw Food Smoothie will surely do the trick! It’s loaded with anti-inflammatory properties like curcumin and immune boosting vitamins like vitamin C.
Tropical Dream Smoothie Recipe
For this immune boosting raw food smoothie, the only kitchen equipment need is a high powered blender, one of the top 4 raw food kitchen essentials that I recommend. I personally use and prefer to use Vitamix. I wrote a review comparing the Vitamix vs Blendec that you can read here.
This Tropical Dream smoothie serves 1, double ingredients for 2! Try to buy organic whenever possible!
- 2-3 bananas
- 1 orange
- 1 cup of chopped pineapple
- 1/2 inch knob of ginger
- 1/2 inch knob of fresh turmeric or 1 tablespoon of dried turmeric.
- 1 cup of pure water or coconut water.
Blend all ingredients on high, serve and enjoy!
Depending on how thick you like your smoothies, this smoothie is also delicious without any added liquid. If you use frozen bananas pineapple, you can also get a nice sorbet-like texture, which also makes a wonderful dessert!
Health Benefits of this Super Anti-Inflammatory Tropical Smoothie
- Turmeric is high in curcumin, which is a known for it’s anti-inflammatory properties. It also makes for a wonderful spice and seasoning!
- Ginger is known to be a powerful anti-microbial, killing bacteria in the system as well as topically. Ginger is also an anti-inflammatory.
- Pineapple is sweet juicy and delicious and are loaded with vitamins and minerals including vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, phosphorus, and potassium, manganese, vitamin B1, B6. Pineapple’s high bromelain content is believed to be responsible for the fruit’s many health benefits including its potent anti-inflammatory qualities.
- Oranges are known to be rich in Vitamin C, and bananas high in potassium.
Combined this Tropical Smoothie makes a powerful immune booster as well as anti-inflammatory drink, potentially helping people with joint inflammation.
Hope you can enjoy this delicious living food fruit smoothie as much as I do!
Want to join us for a week of raw food in paradise? Come play, laugh, swim, cleanse and rejuvenate on a private raw food retreat here in Hawaii.
Blessings & Aloha from the Big Island of Hawaii,