A Holistic Approach to Ending Your Struggle with Food
Discover how unhook yourself from the food struggle and wake up to a healthier, happier life
Dr. Douglas Graham
Author of The 80/10/10 Diet
Laura Dawn offers a refreshing new look at an ages old problem. She offers down to earth, sane solutions with no gimmicks. Working with nature as her guide, Laura Dawn combines science and common sense into a comprehensive and very effective program.
Are you hooked on food?
Millions of people around the world are caught in a painful struggle with food, whether it’s chronic overeating, incessant cravings, food addiction, yo-yo dieting, disordered eating, obsession with weight, or simply a relentless preoccupation with food. Despite doing everything in their power to end the struggle, they remain hooked, year after year.
In Unhooked, holistic nutritionist Laura Dawn explains why the struggle with food is so prevalent, how she finally found freedom by healing her relationship with food, and how you can do it, too.
What You Will Learn
Through its easy-to-implement expert advice, holistic perspective, and concrete action steps, you’ll find that food will become your friend rather than your worst enemy, fueling your transformation toward a vibrant, healthy, and happy lifestyle—for good.
Unhooked offers a multidimensional framework that addresses food’s distinct “hooks” from six primary perspectives including:
1. Environmental: Learn how and why our food environment has drastically changed and purposefully keeps millions of people stuck in the struggle with food – and how you can learn how to navigate it to free yourself from struggle.
2. Physiological: Understand how the foods most readily available to you are highly addictive and what foods you should avoid if you want to get unhooked.
3. Behavioral: Learn how your habits keep you hooked and what you need to do in order to break bad habits and implement positive long lasting change, once and for all.
4. Mental: Discover how unconscious cues trigger you to mindlessly overeat and how you can implement mindful eating techniques to cultivate a healthier relationship with food.
5. Emotional: Gain insight into how you may be using food as a coping mechanism to avoid feelings or emotions and how you can learn proven techniques to help you boost the feel-good chemicals in your brain so you no longer have to turn to food as a means of distraction.
6. Spiritual: Discover the true miracle of food, your body and your lifeand how living a life that you love with purpose and intention can help you to unhook yourself from the food struggle.
Each part is broken down into two chapters: Hooked and Unhooked. In the Hooked chapters, you will learn why you get hooked on your struggle with food from this particular perspective, and in the Unhooked chapters, I offer you suggestions on how to free yourself from the struggle.
Samples From the Book
Ready to take the next step towards vibrant health?I Want a Copy!
What People Are Saying
CEO, Dream University
Laura Dawn offers a holistic lifestyle-oriented approach to health and wellbeing that moves away from the old paradigm of “diet as deprivation” and helps support people to step into a sustainable and healthy lifestyle. This book will help you heal a disordered relationship with food to discover balance, health and ultimately happiness.
Dr. Kristin Neff
Author of “Self-Compassion” and Associate Professor in Human Development and Culture, Educational Psychology Department, University of Texas at Austin.
Using a wonderful blend of personal stories, review of the scientific literature and experiential exercises, this important book will help you form a healthier relationship with food by developing a more compassionate relationship to yourself.
Body Mind Institute
Having been in the nutrition industry for over 20 years now, it is rare for me to come across a nutrition book that hits it out of the park. This is it! Laura has created a magnificent, timeless book that needs to be on the shelf of everyone from nutritionists, personal trainers, doctors, and health practitioners … to everyone who has every stepped on a scale or desired a permanent shift in their relationship with food. You are about to begin a journey into understanding the very essence of what it means to be free from the known and unknown elements that have bound you to food, and enter into a lifetime adventure in exploring a loving relationship with yourself and all the ways in which you nurture every part of your being. Laura gently weaves the science of food, environment and all elements of Body, Mind and Spirit into a masterful flow of information that will uplift and guide you into a whole new realm of nutrition that goes far beyond just the food you eat. I am really excited that this brilliant book is in your hands right now as you begin this journey with Laura!
Subscribe and Get A Free Chapter from the Book
Hop on the wellness train and Subscribe to the Happy & Raw Awesome-Sauce Newsletter where I share weekly inspiration to help you live the happy, health life you love.